UPMART pre-requisite causes for membership |
Re UPMART_communications_&_Announcements |
Re UPMART Websites |
Re Commonwealth of Australia Constitution ACT |
Re UPMART Assists|
Re SOFTWARE |
Libre software recomendations|
POLICY: Re PRE-REQUISITE CAUSES FOR MEMBERSHIP
We are active in many human rights and community causes, and invite you to join us in those causes in which you are passionate. Many of our causes do not require membership of UPMART in order for you to participate, and are provided to the community as part of our continuing community service. Download the expressions of interest page and return it to us at the address indicated. Attend our intro seminar or do our weekend workshop to learn our valuable leagal skills and to discover more about us and our initiatives.
POLICY: Re UPMART COMMUNICATIONS
1. All official communications from UPMART to the public are put on www.upmart.org website for viewing and downloading.
2. Official communications include but are not limited to emails, community service announcements, advertisements, and other public communications.
3. UPMART Official emails to the public shall be found on www.upmart.org. GoTo menu: media
3.1 Emails that purport to be from UPMART, which are not on www.upmart.org are not official emails from UPMART.
3.2 Emails that arise from members of UPMART are not official emails from UPMART unless they are named as an official email and are found on www.upmart.org
4. All official communications (especially emails) are created and released by authorized communications coordinators of UPMART.
5. Any communication purporting to be an official communication must be authorized by an authorized upmart communications coordinator.
UPMART COMMUNICATIONS UPMART emails.
In the period from 1999 to April 2012 the association of UPMART has released NO emails. Yes, that means that all those emails in circulation that you think are from UPMART, are in fact NOT from UPMART. In due course we will release a series of official emails, to which you will have an opportunity to subscrib.
POLICY: Re WEBSITE CONSTRUCTION
1. Minimal scripts,
2. Minimal icons,
3. designed for speed.
4. designed for light load on the server.
5. We've ditched dreamweaver(.dwt) as the preferred template, in favour of simple framses. DWT was clunky and proprietary.
POLICY: Re AUSTRALIAN CONSTITUTION .
At UPMART we uphold the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act, (the Constitution Act) which consists of
1. the preamble to the Constitution Act,
2. clauses 1-8
3. clause 9 (the Australian Constitution).
4. Foundation Imperial acts
5. Foundation Case law
We exercise the many rights that are ratified and written into the Constitution Act. These rights were secured for us in the Constitution Act by our founding forefathers, the crown, and the authors of our constitution who codified the will of our community into the preamble to the Constitution Act.
The Constitution Act is a statute that limits the power of federal and state parliaments.
The 1008 page Annotated Constitution by Quick and Garran is available from UPMART. This is the complete constitution and NOT the 50 page version familiar to most people.
POLICY: Re UPMART ASSIST
Many men and women contact us every week who need help. We cannot help them all. It is impossible. There are too many!!. In those days when we did try to help, we became exhausted. We borrowed from the time from certain of our causes and from those who were already in there own processes in courts in order to help as many as we could. Well, you can guess what happened there. Yes, we were blamed for helping others by those who wanted us for themselves alone. Human nature:- me first and stuff the rest. We were accused and blamed and held to be the bad guys when in fact in was the law or solicitors or the police or the courts that was the real problem. We were trying to help, and blamed when we used 4 hours to sleep out of 72!! Yes, this really happened! We were blamed for getting some sleep!! Hence we developed policy on helping people, in order to protect ourselves from the never ending blame that came upon us. NEVER AGAIN!! We have been stung by the nature of humans, and we are on guard against them.
1. Our policy is to help those who are willing to help themselves. Whilst, there are times when we shall help those who cannot help themselves, this is a measured and qualified help. If you are lucky enough to get our help then we hope you show your appreciation by assisting us actively in one of our many causes.
2. policy is we hold the view that when you teach a man to fish, he can feed himself and his family. This is preferable to catching fish for the man and his family. Priority of assistance, if given, is to those who are living their inalienable human rights and who demonstrate courage of their conviction, endurance of their conviction and faith. We seek to know those who are willing and able to learn and who want to become legally self-sufficent through first hand experience of living human righs in the face of they who seek to deny those rights.
3. policy is we do not help those who are with solicitors or lawyers.
4. policy is when you get help from us, then go back to lawyers and solicitors without telling us, then you have betrayed us and yourself. We don't consent to being used and then being flicked when the user has got what he wants. We are now verywary of users, as distinct from those who are in genuine need, and are grateful and considerate.
POLICY: Re HARDWARE.
For security of files: Truecrypt has proven to be stable and easy to use. Download TrueCrypt For firewalls: Zonealarm has proven to be stable and easy to use. see zonelabs website
Document scanners: UPMART recomends several canoscan models because they are powered by usb cables and are relatively speedy, reliabile, light and portabile and have usable software support for Linux, ubuntu and other Operating Systems -Canoscan lide 200
Printers:-lexmark T522 with duplex unit
POLICY: Re SOFTWARE.
Our policy for software: Our first choice is to use libre (free and therefore also opensource) software. Libre software is community software, that encourages sharing, building relationships, helping one another as well as helping yourself. It is also ideal for your children, as they can if they want, download the sourcecode and learn how it works. These freedoms do not happen with proprietary software. Paying for proprietary software is directly funding the subjugation of people by not supporting freedom. The natural inclination of people is to share a copy of the software they have. This is easy with libre software, but is illegal /or controlled with proprieatry software. Hence the best choice for you and for ease and freedom is libre software. With proprietary software you have two choice to share and breach 1. abide by the law and not help your friend. 2. to break the law and help your friend.
To begin your journey in the world of libre software some good starting pages are:
|www.theopendisc.com :- to get started on libre with a selection of high quality libre software.
| www.gnu.org :-for libre operating systems and for those who want to move away from proprieatary operating systems such as windows and macentosh |
www.sourceforge:- for programmers or those who want to learn programming.
Libre software recomendations. (see www.theopendisc.com )
For security of files, if needed, we use: Truecrypt has proven to be stable and easy to use. It is opensource software and gratus, though some say not strictly libre. However, I don't want to split hairs on this one because this software is very good. Download TrueCrypt.
|Mozilla Firefox||v3.6 or v10 ONLY:- For browsing the web. version3.6 and version 10 are supported by Mozilla. Other versions are not supported.|
|libre office||for replacing microsoft word|
|evolution groupware suite||similar to microsoft outlook|
|gimp||for raster graphics|
|blender||for 3D animations & 3D modelling|
|ardour||for VERY high end digital audio workstation|
|audacity||for sound files|
|vlc||for media files|
|UBUNTU||for alternate operating system|
Proprietary software recomendations: ( sadly!)
For firewalls for windows users:- Zonealarm has proven to be stable and easy to use. see zonelabs website
text documents: text @ 300 dpi other documents:
greyscale @ 300 dpi